Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Boyfriend Jacket

THE BOYFRIEND JACKET -- JAZZED UP FOR 2010



I must say that when I saw a "boyfriend jacket" the other day, I didn't know what to think!  All that I could think of was...  been there, done there, with STIR UP PANTS! NO<< not again!  But the more that I look at our fav celebs wear their "boyfriend jackets", maybe I can try??????? But it is just so 80's to me! lol, what is next.. big hair and lots of eye shadow? lol ,, and oh Big shoulder pads..

Maybe that is what Spring is all about? To be fresh and try new things?  Well, if SJP is wearing the "jacket", then it must be vogue? I do have to commend her that I do like how she chose a feminine jacket to go with the pastels.  But as much as I love SJP, this look does remind me of Cybil Shepard in "Moonlighting". At the time, I LOVED her "suits", but I think that I out grew that look. lol 

Maybe??
 

Another one of my fashion icons is Rachel Bison, and she is wearing the "jacket".. and it is from Express.. not to shabby! This I could pull off because I too, am petite (4'11), and the "boxy jackets" DO NOTHING FOR ME! 

LIke the floral combo:)



Here is another example of the "jacket",, with the beautiful floral print that is HOT for Spring..  I still don't know about the jacket.. It reminds me of wearing a pretty dress for a dance/date, yet you have to borrow your boyfriends coat for the party after.. lol

I don't know girls, I guess that if I were to wear a "boyfriend jacket" AGAIN,, I would definitely need one that it is not so boxy and more fitted. However, if you are taller than me, you can pull it off!  
 
I am finding with age that I have to go with what best looks good on me and still be Vogue!  So there yah go, even when I am 90, I will wear what is "in", as long as it it flattering. lol!
What do you think?  Are your wearing one,  will you buy one?  

PS> I did see this jacket @ Walmart.. the Miley Cyrus collection!!

0 comments:

 
La Pink Chambre - Fashion treasures © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina Hit Counters
By TwitterButtons.com 3

avandia lawsuits