Friday, January 14, 2011

Short Waisted? Here are some tips for yah!

Bon Jour Madmoiselles!

I was shopping today at Old Navy, and enjoying the 40% off Clearance Sale (YOU HAVE TO GO - Embellished Tanks only $2.99!). I love tank tops, but as I was looking, I know that the "Longer Tank with a Busier Pattern ", sometimes just doesn't work for a "short waisted" girl.. So I tend to buy the simple tanks with the length that isn't too short or long, with minimal design. But today, I bought three; the secret - more embellishment on top versus all over.  :)

There are times that I envy the "longer torso" because everything that I cannot wear looks SO GOOD .  Like yesterday, I was at TJ MAXX, and saw the most beautiful Robin Egg Blue, soft, feminine, leather jacket (only $29.99).  I was so disappointed! It  did not look good on me at all! It  swallowed me.. Darn, if I only had two more inches of a torso!

Maybe this explains my shoe and  addiction? lol.. I tend to stick to the basics and accessorize with a longer jacket, purse, and shoes :). How about you?

With this in mind,  I wanted to pass on a few tips to all of the "short waisted girls " -

*Wear the same color on top and bottom  - this will give the illusion that your body is  all "one length",

* Always strive to wear the "lower waisted" pants versus higher waisted pants.  (although you have to watch the undies, lol), but this will give your torso a longer look.  My husband is always telling me to "pull" up my pants, but I always pull them down, because I feel as though it helps to elongate my torso! :)

* If you are like me, and tend to stick with the "basics" when it comes to shirts, but accessorize with a longer jacket, shoes, etc,,  go ahead and think outside of your box...  wear a "vertical" pattern. Similar to the  "monochromatic" color scheme (same color of shirt and pants), it too will help you appear to look LONGER! :)

* And of course, wear the 3-5 inch heels,  besides feeling just sexier,  YOU WILL LOOK TALLER!!  - it is amazing how much that my "torso" has grown when I wear heels.", imagine that?  Kind of like Cinderalla at the Ball  - but once I take the "glass slippers" off, the magic disappears. lol - nah, it isn't that bad... lol..  I love wearing heels :). Plus I just feel more confident and that I can take on anything that comes my way. :)

I hope that these little secrets  helped yah! I am so excited, as one of my goals this year is to help all of you  look like a million dollars -  no matter what shape you are! :) So stay tuned! I just found a Webinar Program and am working on it -- so I can conduct "Style on the Catwalk" :) .. This is just  a taste as to to what to look forward to in our future webinars! :)

Chow Bella! See yah on the Catwalk!
xoxo

Merci!

0 comments:

 
La Pink Chambre - Fashion treasures © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina Hit Counters
By TwitterButtons.com 3

avandia lawsuits