Monday, January 10, 2011

Are you a trend follower or setter?

I love looking at fashion mags and you all know that I am addicted to fashion "facebook fan pages".. I just cannot get enough!  Free People, Vogue, AGaci, Fendi, and local boutiques.. love to see what is new and what the trends are.. kind of like opening up a gift, and can't wait to see what is inside.

Even though we all want what is "hot" and "now",  why not be a trend setter.... what I mean by this is that yes, we can still have what is in style but why not add your own personal taste to it?  Maybe add an old pearl necklace or bracelet, a cool old purse ( I used to have my Grandma's crocodile purse - unique), a classic "Polo Ralph Lauren" tote.. just something that is different and is "your" signature.. and mix it with "new trend". I can guarantee someone will ask... wear did you get that bag? lol

Vintage is always fun too, and there are times when I do a little bit of "website boutiqueing".  If you google  "vintage" and see the images, you can get some really great ideas as to how to mix and match the old with the new.  On a Saturday afternoon, why not visit a Salvation Army or Cosignment Shop? You never know what you just might find!

Keep looking and signing up to receive fashion updates and on line magazines, because even though you might not buy it, you can put these ideas into your "fashion portfolio".

Finally, if you want to be chic and be a "trend setter".. , don't over do it with new trends. .  aka  - wearing everything that is "IN" from your head to your toes..  Never look "too perfect", break it up with  that funky bracelet , or classic piece..  If you don't have any pieces, costume jewelry to the rescue! Example -  I bought a really cool BIG cameo ring and get so many compliments on it.. but it is a piece that I can wear with ANYTHING, is a classic, but at the same time pops out - only cost me $2.50.  When I shop for pieces, purses, shoes, I think "Ok, what stands out and says "I am unique", not BOLD, but will look cool with everything.. Try it, it can be fun! ;)

Fashion should be fun, ever changing, but still have a little bit of you in it! :)

The Fashion Gods have spoken girls,,  do you have a signature fashion piece that makes a statement about you?  One of mine is a pair of $1.99 Peace Sign Dangly Earrings; I wear them almost every day, lol, you have probably seen me wear them in my videos!

xoxo
Merci!

0 comments:

 
La Pink Chambre - Fashion treasures © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina Hit Counters
By TwitterButtons.com 3

avandia lawsuits